Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Ki TimbokTinggur Bulawan

Posted by Lil' Sue at 8/20/2013 03:15:00 PM
Reactions: 


Timpak oku lo’d tuod-tuod
Ko impa ku mitatabang
Intutunai ku e yaadi' ku
Ki timbok tinggur bulawan

Momorilik i’d tidong-tidong
Mitatabang kanou koinsanai
Insikitai ku ti norilik
Pamalangga dahai tasakan

Chorus:
Silau-silau lo tadau
Mongiduang di ti arai ku
Kada koruyou arai
Inggaa o’ maan ya sondihon

Surut-surut kou no arai
Surut no om intua kou noh
Oonsi-oonsi kou noh uaa
Oonsi kou ti ginawo ya...

PS: This song is very meaningful...made me yearn to come back home and my childhood moment....

Translation:
Timpak - to stand on or to sit on a thing which could be a stone, a stump etc, normally to elevate/lift/position him/herself for wider view of the surrounding, or just to get higher (level) from the others ... oku - 'me', l'od - 'at' or 'there' ... or 'on' ..., tuod-tuod - 'stump' ... So, 'Timpak oku lo'd tuod-tuod' means 'I stand on a stump' ...

Ko impa - I look upon, ku - me, mitatabang - community mutual aid/ similar with 'gotong-royong' ... I look upon a community mutual aid, err ... *is this correct?

Intutunai - I recognize, adi - sister, 'adi' could also means brother, but in this case, it's sister ...so .. I recognize my sister ...

Ki timbok tinggur bulawan - Ki - 'with', timbok tinggur bulawan - a thick, blunt needle or a long pin used to fasten women's hair which is shaped like a bun.

Momorilik i'd tidong-tidong ... momorilik - to clear/cut/chop small trees/shrubs/small plants by machete or other tools with hands ... i'd - at, tidong-tidong - hill slopes ...

Mitatabang kanou koinsanai - Let's us all do 'gotong royong' ...

Insikitai ku ti norilik - insikitai - make fire, ti - this, norilik - those chopped/cleared trees ... I make fire on this chopped trees ... not exactly but close in meaning ...

Pamalangga dahai tasakan - pamalangga - clear, dahai - us, tasakan - planting, especially hill paddy ... To clear the ground for paddy planting ...

Silau-silau lo tadau - silau - bright, lo - that, tadau - sun ... The sun was bright ...

Mogiduang ti arai ku - Honestly I don't really know whether I got the right word or I just don't know the translation of mogiduang ... ti - this, arai - short form of 'parai', which means paddy ...

Kada koruyou arai - kada - don't, kou - you all, riou - dry, die, arai - paddy ... Don't die paddy ...

Inggaa o' maan ya sondihon ... Inggaa - nada, nothing, none ... o' maan - have .. ya - short form of yahai - us, sondihon - lean on, live on, rely on ... We'll have nothing to live on ...

Surut-surut kou no arai - surut - grow well, fine, good ... kou - you all ... arai - paddy ... Grow well, paddy ...

Surut no om intua kou noh ... intua - fruiting ... Grow well and be fruitful ...

Oonsi-oonsi kou noh uaa ... Oonsi - fruitful, fertile ... uaa - fruits ...

Oonsikou ti ginawo ya ... We are thankful for this...

 
I took this translation from another blogger with little enhancement and modification to the meaning...
I thought that my Dusun was so BAD but I think it is quite ok...It is just I didnt get a chance to practice in my daily life...
 
Enjoy!!

0 comments:

 

Love, Live and Dream... Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review